You are going to just love how easy this crock pot pork roast with gravy is. I don’t have a lot of pork roast recipes that include gravy with it. So I was glad to find another one to add to my recipe box.
This roast is extremely delicious but uses simple ingredients. All you need is salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Yep, you use poultry seasoning on pork. The results are amazing.
For the gravy, it all begins with a simple roux of butter and flour. Then you add in the drippings from the slow cooker along with chicken broth.
- 2–3 lb pork loin roast
- poultry seasoning
- For the gravy: (for my family we double this amount to serve this with mashed potatoes)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups liquid (juices from the slow cooker and/or chicken broth)
- browning sauce (if desired)
- Sprinkle roast with desired amount of salt and pepper. Be sure to get all the sides.
- Liberally sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add 2 cups of liquid to the roux. I use whatever juices are in the slow cooker and add enough chicken broth to equals 2 cups. Bring the mixture to a simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Add a little browning sauce if desired. I prefer to use it.
- At this point, I still like my gravy thicker so I made a slurry of flour and water. Use 2 tablespoons of flour per 1 cup of liquid. Use a whisk until combine. I like to put mine in a Blender bottle and shake to combine. Then I drizzle the mixture into the gravy while whisking. Until I reach the desired consistency for my gravy. If you worry about lumps in the slurry your can pour it through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out any lumps of flour.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper to your liking and serve with the pork roast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Sow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road.