I hope you all have a fabulous New Year’s Eve and New Years Day. My kids have 4 days of vacation left and then they will head back to school. I, however, have to get back to work today.
I wanted to briefly share with you one of my New Year’s resolutions. Last year my one word goal for the year was simplify. This year my one word goal for the year is brave. This is based upon the song Brave by Sara Bareilles. For me, Brave for the year will mean – not giving into fear, being completely honest with myself, and speaking up for myself. I would love to hear what your goals are.
To begin the New Year, I am sharing a simple and easy recipe. This is for a slow cooker chicken and gravy. It can be served over noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. It can also be used to make hawaiian haystacks. My family loves mashed potatoes so that is how I served it.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 0.87 oz packets dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of water
- pepper to taste
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- noodles mashed potatoes, or rice to serve over
- In your slow cooker, whisk together the gravy packets, cream of chicken soup, water and pepper until smooth.
- Add the chicken breasts being sure to get them covered in the gravy.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Once cooked, break up the chicken into chunks.
- Serve over cooked noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from The Magical Slow Cooker.