Here is another yummy breakfast casserole recipe. This sausage apple overnight breakfast casserole recipe brings together all kinds of flavors. It is sweet, savory, and tart. My mom got this recipe from a cooking class she attended and I made my own adaptation. We love it drizzled with maple syrup for even more sweetness. Here are some other great overnight breakfast recipes.
- Overnight Peaches and Cream French Toast
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
- Chocolate Overnight Pull Aparts
- Coconut Pecan Overnight Pull Aparts
- Cranberry Orange Overnight Pull Aparts (This is what I make Christmas morning, there is also a cinnamon variation included with this recipe)
- Baked Oven Omelet
- Apple Baked French Toast
- Creme Brulee French Toast
- Overnight French Toast Bake with Berry Topping
- Breakfast Casserole
Sausage Apple Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Maple Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 cups bread cubed into ¾-inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large granny smith apples peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- maple syrup if desired
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Brown sausage in a skillet until cooked; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix apples, sugar and cinnamon together until well coated.
- In a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place half of the bread cubes followed by half the sausage, half the apples, and and 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the layers making sure to evenly coat it all with the egg mixture.
- Place in fridge and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the casserole from the fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6-8 pieces and served topped with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.