My favorite way to enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving is topped with a homemade cranberry sauce just like this Raspberry Cranberry Sauce. Homemade cranberry sauce is SOOOOOO much better than what you can get in a can and it doesn’t take much effort to make.
For the post part, to make your own cranberry sauce, you need a bag of fresh cranberries. Then, you will also need some sugar along with some kind of liquid. The type of liquid used can help give you different variations. You can also add in other ingredients to give you different variations. One of my favorite versions uses orange juice.
With this version, you can use water or apple juice. You can choose. Obviously, the juice would give you a sweeter sauce and with more calories. I tend to use water. Then, you need sugar and a 6 oz container of raspberry.
You can also make this raspberry cranberry sauce days in advance. I wouldn’t go any more that 3 days before. Make it in advance to make Thanksgiving less stressful.
- 1 cup water or apple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 (6 oz) container raspberries
- In a sauce pan, add the water of juice, sugar, and cranberries. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes until all the cranberries pop and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in the raspberries and simmer for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. This can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sauces, cranberry, Thanksgiving, cranberry sauce