With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I wanted to share this overnight chicken or turkey tetrazzini recipe. It would be prefect to make this using leftover turkey.
There is no need to cook the pasta in this, that is where the overnight part of the recipe comes in. You mix eveything together and put it in the pan overnight. Then as the pasta sits overnight, it absorbs the chicken broth in there and softens. No need to precooking the pasta.
This recipe is easy enough, you could mix it all together Thanksgiving night and have dinner already for the next day’s dinner. If you don’t have leftovers, a rotissire chicken will work just as well.
- 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, chicken broth, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until combined. Add in uncooked pasta and stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and uncover.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour.
This recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken.