I have several pumpkin waffles recipes that I make from scratch – toasty pumpkin waffles with maple cranberry butter, pumpkin Belgian waffles, and pumpkin waffles with orange walnut butter – but I decided to try one this year that comes together in no time using baking mix. Enter these Pumpkin Waffles with Pumpkin Spiced Syrup.
These waffle turn out tasty. Now you could totally pass these off for regular waffles when topped with maple syrup. If your kiddos have an aversion to pumpkin, just tell them you added orange food coloring to the for Halloween. I’m telling you they won’t tell the difference.
However, if you want to enjoy the pumpkin flavor then you must top then with the Pumpkin Spiced Syrup. The syrup really brings out that yummy fall pumpkin flavor in the waffles. The syrup also has a caramel kind of flavor to it too due to the sweetened condensed milk! Try these Pumpkin Waffles and be sure to have them with the Pumpkin Spiced Syrup.
- MAPLE SYRUP
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- BAKING MIX (I USED BISQUICK)
- MILK (I USED SKIM)
- CANNED PUMPKIN
- CANOLA OIL
- BROWN SUGAR
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/3 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- In a small sauce pan, heat maple syrup, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and apple pie spice over medium heat until butter melts and all the ingredients are well combined, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare and preheat your waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine all of the waffle ingredients until blended. Pour amount of batter needed for your waffle iron onto center of the heated waffle iron. For my waffle iron it is 1/2 cup. Close lid of waffle iron.
- Cook waffle until golden brown. Carefully remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with maple syrup or pumpkin spiced syrup (recipe below). Makes about 6 waffles