Oh my, I am so sorry for all of the issues with my site these past few days! If you missed it, my site was hacked again last night. However, I think we found the culprit. It was an inactive plugin that I don’t even remember place in my plugins. My hubby deleted it before he wrote down the name but he thinks it was called wordpress blog vitals. I am also getting a service to better watch my site too so if malware is placed on my site it is immediately deleted so I won’t have these stinking issues again!
Thanks to all of you for sticking with my blog in sickness and in health and thanks to my wonderful hubby for being able to get it all figured out. He just has one of those type of brains that can figure stuff like that out. And thanks to google webmasters tools for giving him the info to be able to figure out the issue. We should be all set now, no more issue! Now onto the reason we are all here – the recipe!
You all know I like cupcakes. I love the perfect portion size and there is so many fun things to do with them. So of course, I had to do one for pumpkin week. These babies all start with a pumpkin cake and I did it the cake the easy way – with a cake mix, it’s the real mom way!
Then I filled the cupcake with dulce de leche – a favorite of mine. I could seriously eat a whole can of that stuff with a spoon. Heaven!!!! Then the cupcake is finished off with a fluffy cream cheese frosting that gets it’s fluffiness from some whipped cream. Only down side to these little gems, they need to be kept in the fridge because of the dulce de leche and the fluffy cream cheese frosting. So be sure to have the space for them.
When I made these cupcakes, I sent some off to a few friends – I did not want to end up eating all these babies myself. They got rave reviews from all who tasted them! Definitely a winner!
- Cupcake –
- 1 pkg white or french vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (13.4 oz) can of Dulce de Leche (I used Netle La Lechera)
- Frosting –
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk. Blend with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Line 24 muffin cup and fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cupcakes cool.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, using an apple corer or knife, cut out a 3/4 inch round plug from the center of each cupcake creating a pocket in each cupcake. Reserve the plugs in a bowl, you’ll need them.
- Place dulce de leche in a ziploc freezer bag. Snip of a corner of the bag with scissors and pipe it into the pockets, filling the pockets of each cupcake.
- Take the cake plugs you reserved and place the plug on top of each pocket to seal it off.
- In a large bowl, beat the cup of whipping cream with a hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat the cheese, sugar and vanilla together with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Now add the whipped cream to the cheese mixture and quickly beat together just until combined. Do not over beat.
- Pipe frosting on top of cupcakes. Store cupcakes in fridge.