Of all the pumpkin recipes I have for you this week, these pumpkin crepes with cheesecake filling are my favorite! You really MUST make these!
There is pumpkin puree in the crepe batter along with pumpkin spice. The crepes are so tender and delicious. Then they are filled with a cheesecake filling made with cream cheese, cinnamon, powdered sugar, and whipped cream.
To finish these off, you give them a drizzle of caramel sauce. I used a salted caramel sauce. Then, you add a sprinkle of chopped nuts. I had walnuts, so that’s what I used. However, pecans would also be wonderful. This is a new must have fall recipe for me!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- For the filling
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Optional toppings
- caramel sauce (I used Smucker’s salted caramel sauce)
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a blender, add the crepe ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a small. non-stick skillet, add 1 tsp. butter. Pour 1/4 batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan until batter evenly coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 60 seconds until top appears dry; flip and cook other side for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper or parchment paper in between.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cinnamon together. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon or pipe the filling down the center of each crepe and roll up. Drizzle crepes with caramel sauce and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Makes 10 crepes.
Recipe adapted from The Sweet Chick.