I swear I can never have enough recipes for Mexican meat made in a slow cooker. Today’s pork carnitas verde is another version to add to your recipe box. This one has the word verde in the title. In case you didn’t know, verde is spanish for green. Hence, most of the ingredients used in the recipe are green.
I love how tender the meat is. Use it in tacos, burritos, etc. If you ever want to shred your meat in a jiffy, just place it in the bowl of a kitchen aid and use the paddle attachment. It will be nicely shredded in less than 30 seconds!
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless pork roast
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- desired toppings
- In a bowl, combine the cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub spices over the roast and place in the slow cooker.
- Pour the green chilies, green enchilada sauce,, and chicken broth around the roast. Place the green onion and cilantro over the top of the roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender.
- Shred meat and place inside tortillas. Top with desired toppings. Makes 12 tacos.
Recipe adapted from Yummy Healthy Easy.