I have shared garlic knots with you before, but these are pizzeria style garlic knots. The big difference between the two are the pizzeria style is made with pizza dough and includes pizza seasoning in the garlic butter.
Another great thing about these knots is the pizza dough. You can mix it together and use it right then. Once you shape the knots no rise time is needed either. You just shape and bake. The pizza dough also is a chewier dough versus a bread dough.
- 3 cups flour, more or less
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix the honey, 1 tbsp oil, water and yeast together. Add flour and knead for a bit. On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8 inch rope and tie into a knot. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. While baking mix the butter together with the garlic, pizza seasoning, salt, pepper, and parsley.
4. Remove knots from the oven and brush generously with the butter mixture, Makes 12 knots.