This post contains affiliate links.
There is nothing like homemade bread! The best is when I can find a great recipe that is made from scratch but is also quick to make like these garlic Parmesan knots.
This recipe is ready in about 1 hour! Plus the dough is amazing! It is easy to work with and is nice and tender. After making these, I have some other ideas to make using this dough.
Garlic Parmesan Knots
- 2 packets yeast (or 4 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 6 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In the bowl of stand mixer, add the yeast, water, and 1 Tbsp of the sugar.
- In a sauce pan, add the remaining sugar, milk, salt, and butter together. Heat to lukewarm.
- Add the egg to the yeast mixture and combine.
- Then add in the milk mixture along with the flour. Stir until combined. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- With the dough hook, knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 24 pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8 inch rope and tie into a knot. Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees and combine the garlic, butter, and parsley for the topping together in a bowl.
- Once the knots have risen, brush with the butter mixture and then sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 dozen knots.
Recipe adapted from Rasa Malaysia.