I have an awesome summer pasta dinner recipe for you today – Tortellini Carbonara. It only takes 5 ingredients to make and it is ready in 20 minutes. It is all made on the stove top too.
One of those five ingredients happens to be bacon, so you know it’s gonna taste good. Add in tortellini and cream and I’m telling you, for a 5 ingredient recipe it has just the right ingredients to make an amazing but simple dish.
First thing you do is cook the tortellini according to package directions. While that cooks, you are going to fry up some bacon in a skillet. Once cooked, you will place it on a paper towel and get rid of any of the drippings in the pan.
In that same skillet you are going to add the bacon back in with the whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Once the sauce is heated and the cheese is melted, you will toss it with the cooked tortellini. It’s that simple to have this creamy dreamy pasta dish ready to enjoy for your meal.
- FROZEN TORTELLINI
- WHIPPING CREAM
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- FRESH PARSLEY
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ of a 1 lb. pkg frozen tortellini
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- In the meantime, dice bacon and cook in a skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel. Discard drippings from skillet.
- In the same skillet, add in the cream, cheese, parsley, and cooked bacon. Heat through and then add in the cooked tortellini. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.