I am back now. I even put a post up late yesterday, so make sure to check that one out too. This is another great crock pot recipe. I adapted this recipe for pineapple and green chile pork tacos from I recipe I saw on Prudence Pennywise.
Pineapple and Green Chile Pork Tacos
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 lb. boneless pork roast boneless ribs would work also, you can even use a bone-in roast but you've got to make sure you get ALL the bones out after cooking
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juices
- 1 16 oz jar tomatillo salsa (green salsa or salsa verde)
- 2 4 oz cans green chiles, undrained
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- toppings for tacos: queso fresco or feta I just used cheddar, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, more green salsa (We used sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo)
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for four hours or on low for 6 to eight hours.
- Shred pork, season to taste with salt and pepper. In a colander, drain juices from crock pot.
- Mix shredded pork with pineapple/salsa mixture that remains in colander and serve in tortillas with desired accompaniments. It also works great to serve as a quesadilla.