I always think it is good to know more than one way to cook a dish. Now obviously fajitas are usually grilled or cooked on a stove top. However, I have tried them in the slow cooker before. So when I saw this recipe for oven baked chicken fajitas, I had to try it.
My favorite way to eat fajitas is cooked on the grill or stove top. However, sometimes a different cooking method is more convenient. I must say I did like the oven method over the crock pot method. The veggies stay crisp. It was nice to be able to put it all together and toss it in the oven and leave. I could then get other things done. Nothing beats the crispness that you get on the meat like a grill or stove top. But, this was still yummy.
I have a giveaway starting today. So be sure to enter for a great prize pack including movie tickets and fun products perfect for the holidays.
Also I will be at the Sandy UT Barnes and Noble tomorrow. I will be having a book signing from 1-4 pm. Hope to see some of you there!Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Eatin’ On the Cheap.