Today’s recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork Fajitas would definitely qualify as Tex-Mex! It combines BBQ pulled pork together with fajitas!
This definitely was a great combo together! It is a great way to change up 2 items they appear regularly for our family dinner!
This will be a great dish to use throughout the summer months! It’s also great that you make it in a slow cooker. I love being able to use my slow cooker in the summer. It doesn’t get the kitchen as hot as the oven!
- 3 lb. pork loin roast
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro*tel
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen stir-fry peppes and onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream guacamole
- In the slow cooker, place roast and top with sliced onion.
- In a bowl, combine the bbq sauce, Ro*tel, chili powder and cumin. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooer and shred. Place back in slow cooker and stir into sauce. Top with frozen peppers and onion. Sprinkle with salt.
- Turn to high and cook for 30 minutes. Serve meat mixture in tortillas with toppings. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Gooseberry Patch.