Months ago I shared an amazing recipe for one pot pasta. It was a life changing dish for me. It was so wonderful to have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and basically only have one dirty dish. Well, today I have an even more simplified version of the dish for you – One Pot Pasta and Meatballs.
This version uses 5 ingredients and unlike the other dish, it includes meat – more specifically meatballs. Since this dish only uses 5 ingredients, I recommend using quality ingredients. I used both the sauce and meatballs from Sam’s Club. It was a hit with the family. Glad to be able to ad this to my arsenal of recipes and share it with all of you.
- 2 cup water
- 1 jar (32 oz) jar or 4 cups of pasta sauce (I used Classico Tomato and Basil from Sam’s Club)
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or rotini pasta
- 25 frozen cooked Italian-style or regular meatballs (1 inch)
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In a stock pot, bring water and pasta sauce to a boil. Stir in macaroni and meatballs.
- Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in olives and serve topped with parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.