I have shared a recipe like this with you all before, but I saw a different recipe from my friend Jamie on her site Jamie Cooks It Up. I decided to give her version a try. Her crock pot pork roast with vegetables and gravy includes soy sauce and balsamic dressing.
It turned out tasty and includes a side or potatoes and carrots along with gravy. I served the carrots but added the potatoes to some others that I cooked on the stove top and mashed them together. My family loves mashed potatoes with their roast and gravy.
I did like this but must admit, I do like the over version I have that includes rosemary better. I would however love to make this roast without the veggies and gravy. The roast is very flavorful. I think you could use the same idea and marinate pork chops with the same ingredients and grill it.
Crock Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 3-4 lb boneless pork roast
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 onion
- 3 cups mini carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing I used Neman's Own
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- cooking juices
- 2 .87 oz packets of pork roast gravy
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 oz0 can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk if needed
- Season the pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown roast on all sides.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add roast to the slow cooker. Place the carrots around the roast. Place potatoes and onions on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, soy sauce, balsamic dressing, water, and brown sugar. Make sure the sugar gets dissolved. pour over the roast and potatoes. Add a little sat and pepper over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- When the pork has cooked through (should be a temperature of 160 degrees) add the juices from the crock pot into a sauce pan.
- Add the gravy ingredients to the juices and heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally until thickened
- Serve the roast and vegetables with gravy drizzled over the top. Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks it Up.