I recently discovered you can make slow cooker chicken pot pie. It is possible, but it is a little bit different that the traditional chicken pot pie. However it is still just as tasty.
SO basically you make what you would find for the filling for the pot pie in the slow cooker. You get a nice creamy gravy with chunks of chicken along with colorful veggies. Then you serve the creamy goodness in a bowl topped with a biscuit sliced in half. You could always make rounds of pie crust the size of the bowl to place on top too.
I also love that I can go to my “cantry” for some of the items used in this recipe. A well-stock pantry – your “cantry”- helps you make hearty, flavorful, nutritious recipes you can feel good about, anytime. I used canned chicken broth and cream of chicken soup in this one. Canned foods help make homemade easy!
- 2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 cups of fully cooked and diced chicken
- 2 cups of frozen carrots and peas
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp corn starch
- 4 Tbsp water
- 6–8 cooked biscuits, sliced in half
- In a 6 qt slow cooker, combine the broth, soup, milk, chicken, peas and carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the water and cornstarch together and mix into the cooked mixture. Turn on high and cook until mixture thickens.
- To serve, ladle into bowl and top with 2 biscuit halves. Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from Recipes that Crock.