Today’s waffle incorporates all the flavors and comfort of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Oats, cinnamon, and chocolate chip are incorporated to the batter for these oatmeal chocolate chips waffles.
Walnuts are completely optional, but I love them. You can top these with regular maple syrup, but I highly recommend you top them with buttermilk syrup. I think it’s flavor better compliments this waffle.
I also added a little cinnamon to some sweetened whipped cream for a finishing touch.
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Now add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Stir both together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the amount of batter needed to the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook accordingly. The number of waffles made will vary by your waffle maker, but should range between 4 and 8. I got 4 Belgian sized waffles.
Real Mom Kitchen recipe.