Over the next few days, I am going to post recipes you can do throughout the summer but would also be great to serve Dad on Father’s Day. Today we are starting with the meat. Then I still have two side dishes and a dessert to share the rest of the week. This margarita chicken was delicious.
I adapted the recipe from one in my latest issue of Simple and Delicious. The recipe is SOOOOOOO simple and it is mighty tasty! The whole family LOVED this easy and flavorful chicken. This chicken would also be excellent served in a salad.
- FROZEN NON-ALCOHOLIC MARGARITA MIX, THAWED (I USED BACARDI)
- LIME JUICE
- GARLIC CLOVES
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed (I used Bacardi)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Rotate half way through marinading. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 5 servings.