This Maple-Bacon Oven Pancake is an easy way to make pancakes, in a 9 x 13 inch dish in the oven. I found it in an email I got from Better Homes and Gardens. I also love the savory flavors of the bacon and cheese combined with the sweet syrup.
This recipe is very similar to the Sausage Oven Pancake Square recipe I have posted before, but with bacon. It is also fun to serve square pancakes too. Plus, you bake it all at one time.
- BISCUIT MIX
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- MAPLE-FLAVORED SYRUP
- 1–1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) , divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 5 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Maple-flavored syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine biscuit mix, half of the cheddar cheese, the eggs, milk, and the 1/4 cup syrup; beat until nearly smooth. Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and the bacon; bake for 3 minutes more. Cut into squares. If desired, serve with additional syrup. Makes 12 servings.