Change up breakfast with the sausage and egg muffins. However, they may not be the muffin that you are thinking they are.
This is not eggs and sausage on an English muffins. This is eggs and sausage cooked in a muffin tin. It’s eggs and sausage in the shape of muffins.
There are a few more ingredients in these muffins than just eggs and sausage. There is also hash browns, onion, shredded cheese, a little milk, salt, and pepper. This all gets divide between 12 muffin cups. Then they bake for 20 minutes. The results are 12 delicious egg and sausage muffins.Print
- 4 oz breakfast sausage
- 2/3 cup white onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage and onion together until sausage is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease and set aside.
- Divide the hash browns evenly between the muffin cups.
- Mix the sausage, cheese, and salt and pepper together. Divide mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Divide egg mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Fun Money Mom.