This post contains affiliate links.
Change up your breakfast with these delicious sausage and egg muffins. However, they just may not be the muffins that you are thinking they are.
These are not eggs and sausage in between an English muffins. This is eggs and sausage cooked in a muffin tin. It’s eggs and sausage cooked in the shape of muffins. They are very similar to the popular egg bites recipes that you may have seen floating around the web or on a menu of a well known coffee shop.
There are a few more ingredients needed to make these muffins than just eggs and sausage. There is also some hash browns, onion, shredded cheese, a little milk, salt, and pepper. This mixture all gets divide up between 12 muffin cups. Then they bake for 20 minutes. The results are 12 delicious breakfast muffins with all those tasty ingredients in one on the go breakfast bite. Feel free to swap out the sausage for the same amount of cooked bacon or ham for a change.
- BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- FROZEN HASH BROWNS
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SALT & PEPPER
Sausage and Egg Muffins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 4 oz breakfast sausage
- 2/3 cup white onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage and onion together until sausage is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease and set aside.
- Divide the hash browns evenly between the muffin cups.
- Mix the sausage, cheese, and salt and pepper together. Divide mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Divide egg mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Fun Money Mom.