If you are still in need of a last minute side for Thanksgiving, then you are in luck. I have the perfect recipe for you today! The great think about this Make Ahead Cranberry Salad, is it can to be made a day ahead.
This salad only needs 6 ingredients with the main one being fresh cranberries. They are the star of this salad! It is a awesome way to incorporate that seasonal berry in another way to your meal besides the traditional cranberry sauce.
Also, this salad uses walnuts. However, if you are seriously opposed to them or have guests that are, it would totally be fine to leave them out. It makes plenty too. It serves about 20 people.
I absolutely love this salad and will be making it for my Thanksgiving! I love the beautiful purply pink color it turns into. Keep this recipe to serve at Christmas too.
- 1 (12 oz) bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 pint or 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a food processor, add cranberries and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, add chopped cranberries, sugar, and crushed pineapple. You use juice and all with the pineapple. Mix together and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour. About halfway through refrigeration time. Take it out and give it a good stir.
- Once the cranberry mixture has sat in the fridge for 1 hour, whip the whipping cream until almost to stiff peaks.
- Add the marshmallow mixture to the cranberry mixture and stir to combine. Then fold in the whipped cream.
- Place mixture back in the fridge and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, fold in walnuts. Serves 20.
Recipe adapted from Good Dinner Mom.