Using ravioli to make lasagna takes care of both the pasta and the ricotta cheese. Plus, the awesome part of this ravioli lasagna recipe is there is no need to cook the pasta a head of time. I’m telling ya, this is a nice cheater way to make lasagna.
This lasagna is also a little sneaky by adding some carrot into the lasagna. I love the addition of flavor that it adds and the kids will eat the hidden veggie.
- 1 lg. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 oz of frozen cheese ravioli (not the mini kind), uncooked
- 1 (8oz) container cream cheese spread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large skillet, brown meat along with onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook until beef is fully cooked and drain off any excess grease.
- Add the pasta sauce and water to the meat mixture. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with half of the cooked ravioli.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese and milk together. It will kind of look like cottage cheese.
- Pour over the ravioli in the baking dish. Top with 3/4 cups on the shredded mozzarella.
- Top with the remaining ravioli followed by the remaining meat mixture.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese and the 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.