I think just about any sandwich is great if it is made on a croissant, just like with this loaded chicken salad sandwiches. I think chicken salad is especially good when it is served on a croissant. That creamy chicken salad is perfect placed in the center of a buttery flaky croissant.
This version of creamy chicken salad has the ingredients included in it that you would find on a loaded baked potato – sour cream, cheese, green onion, and bacon. Then you have your usual chicken salad ingredients of chicken, mayo, and celery. It all works perfectly together.
Loaded Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 diced green onion
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled slices of bacon
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 5 large croissants split
- In a bowl, add the chicken, celery, cheese, green onion, and bacon. Then add in the may and sour cream and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on the croissants.
Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama.