Today’s lemon parfait recipe comes from a cookbook of a good friend of mine. My dear friend Wendy Paul is an amazing woman who has authored a 101 gourmet series of cookbooks. This recipe comes from her 101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts in a Jar cookbook!
This book would be a perfect Mother’s Day gift or even a teacher appreciation gift. The great thing about this book is they are all treats that don’t require any baking. This also makes them perfect for summer too! All of these desserts can be made it jars, but isn’t necessary. Wendy shares other choices for serving them in her book.
I love how Wendy gives you options with her recipes in her cookbooks. With these not no-bake desserts you can pick what kind of crust to use and even the topping. However, she does offer recommended crusts and toppings with each recipe.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh is always best, but not necessary)
- 1 lemon, zested (approx. 2 tbsp.)
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (using 2 cups of whipping cream)
- 1 recipe Vanilla crust (see below)
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together sugar and eggs. Then add the butter, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Heat over medium until sauce starts to thicken and come together- about 8-10 minutes, then cool completely.
- Layer starting with your lemon curd, then whipped cream, the repeat if needed.
- Ending with the whipped cream. Top with the vanilla crust.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6–7 tbsp. melted butter
- Mix together all ingredients until a thick paste forms. Scoop mixture evenly into your jars, tapping down to make the crust even and desired thickness. Place the jars into the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
Recipe provided by and used with permission from 101 Gourmet No-Bake Desserts in a Jar.