It’s possible to have a delicious homemade potato side dish in about 15 minutes with this recipe for Instant Pot ranch potatoes. It’s a much better alternative than those packages of potato sides from the grocery store.
All you really need is 4 ingredients. I don’t count the water and salt as ingredients. You just need some diced red potatoes, a package of dry ranch dressing mix, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese. Red potatoes are the potatoes of choice because they tend to hold their shape better after they cook.
All you need to do is add the water, salt, ranch dressing mix, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Then you add in the potatoes and toss to coat. Now comes the cooking time. You need to set the Instant Pot to cook on manual for 7 minutes.
Once the potatoes are cooked, it’s time for the cheese. You just add in the cheese a little at a time and stir. This way it can get the cheese all melted in there. I do like to give the potatoes a sprinkling of dry parsley for serving. It just helps make them look pretty.
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 1 oz pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs red potatoes diced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In the Instant Pot, add the ranch dressing mix, salt, water, and chicken broth. Whisk together.
- Add in the potatoes and stir to coat. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When done cooking, do a quick release. Add in the Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. Serve immediately. Serves 6-8.
This recipe is adapted from the Recipe Teacher.