Creamy Instant Pot mashed potatoes are life changing. The main reason being, there is no need to drain them. I have burnt myself a few time when draining the potatoes using the stove top boiling method.
Another reason I prefer the Instant Pot method, you do not need to cut up the potatoes. You can leave them whole and just put them in the pot.
Now you can use regular cream cheese to make these if you plan on serving them along with gravy. If you don’t serve them with gravy, then use a tub of onion and herb cream cheese instead. It not only help with the creaminess of the potatoes but it also adds great flavor. I’m telling you, these creamy instant pot mashed potatoes will change your life too!
- 2 1/2 lbs red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (or onion and herb cream cheese for flavored potatoes)
- Add the potatoes, broth, garlic, salt and pepper into the instant pot.
- Seal the pot and set to cook on manual for 12 minutes. When done, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and add in the butter and cream cheese. Place the lid on again just to contain the heat for 3-5 minutes to allow the butter to melt and cream cheese soften..
- Remove the lid and mash potatoes with a potato masher to the consistency you desire. Serves 8.
To double recipe – double all ingredients except broth. Use 3/4 cup broth.
Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama.