Potatoes can take some time to cook. If you bake them, it’s gonna take at least 30 minutes. If you boil them you are at least at 30 minutes also.
I love to cook potatoes in the instant pot, because it can take more like 15 minutes to cook. This recipe for Instant Pot Garlic and Brown Butter Potatoes only takes 7 minutes once up to pressure. However, this recipe does use brown butter and this does take some time to make, but is so worth it. It ads some fabulous flavor. You could always just use regular butter if you are short on time.
You also have garlic, herbs, and parmesan cheese in there. That just ads even more flavor when added with that brown butter.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 lb baby yellow and red potatoes, halved
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- Brown the butter by melting it in a light-colored saucepan over medium heat. The light color allows you to see the butter turn brown easier than a dark pan. Swirl the pan occasionally to be sure the butter is cooking evenly. As the butter melts, it will begin to foam. The color will go from lemony-yellow to golden-tan to, finally, a toasty-brown. Remove from heat and strain the butter into a bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the Instant pot. Add in the garlic and basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add in the brown butter and toss to coat. Add in the chicken broth and then seal the instant pot with the lid. Set to manual for 7 minutes.
- Once done, manual vent and then remove the lid. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Eatwell 101.