Whether you need something for Easter breakfast or a way to use up that leftover ham, I’ve got you covered with this Amish Breakfast Casserole. It is easy and tasty.
This casserole has hash browns, onions, cheese, eggs, ham, and cottage cheese. The incorporation of the cottage cheese helps up the protein level for this dish.
Cooked bacon or sausage could always be used in place of the ham if you want. Serve this up with one of the muffin recipes I shared recently along with some fruit.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, THAWED
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add in onion and cook until translucent. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together until well blended. Add the onions along with the remaining ingredients to the eggs.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.