This Instant Pot chicken and wild rice recipe only takes 10 ingredients to make and is ready is 30 minutes.
My family loved this Instant Pot chicken and wild rice meal. It’s definitely gonna be a frequent Instant Pot dinner now. Using cooked chicken is what helps make this such a quick meal. I love to use rotisserie chicken here. It’s always tender and flavorful.
This all begins by melting some butter on sauté mode. Then you add in what is known in French cooking as a mirepoix – diced onion, carrots, and celery. You cook this for about 4 minutes, until the onions are tender. Next, you add in the rice and coat it with the butter. The rice comes from a package of Uncle Ben’s original long grain and wild rice. Once you coat the rice, it’s time to turn off the sauté mode.
Add in the cooked chicken, seasoning packet, and green beans next. Now it’s time to cover and cook. This just cooks for 5 minutes on high pressure. After that, wait for 5 minutes allowing the pressure to release naturally. Then release any remaining pressure manually. Give it a stir and it’s ready to eat.
- UNCLE BEN’S ORIGINAL LONG GRAIN AND WILD RICE
- CHICKEN BROTH
- COOKED CHICKEN
- CANNED FRENCH GREEN BEANS
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (6 oz) pkg Ben’s Original Long Grain and Wild Rice with seasoning packet
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2–3 cups of cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 (14.5 oz) can French green beans, drained
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté mode. Add in butter and allow to melt. Then add in the celery, carrots and onion. Sauté for about 4 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add in the rice and mix until coated in the butter and vegetables. Turn off sauté mode.
- Mix in the chicken broth and scape bottom of pot so no brown bits or anything is sticking to the pot.
- Add in the seasoning packet, chicken, and green beans.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When finished, manual release the pressure. Serves 4.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking.