BBQ pork is one of my family’s favorite summer meals. I love it because I usually make it with a slow cooker. It’s easy to make and keeps the house cool. Since I have an instant pot now, I decided a needed instant pot bbq pork recipe to make in it.
It only takes about 5 minutes to get this ready for the instant pot and takes about 100 minutes to cook. This is much less time than in the slow cooker, but longer than most of the instant pot recipe I have been making.
This takes longer because it is a large amount of meat you are cooking. We are talking 3-4 pounds here. It turned out wonderful and a great recipe to use my instant pot for.
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (3- 4 lb) boneless pork
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1–2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, ground mustard, and salt together.
- Cut pork in half, then rub the spice blend all over each piece of pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté. Once it says “hot”, add in the oil and sauté pork for 3-4 minutes on each side until it is brown. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add Coke, water and Worcestershire sauce to the pot and close the lid, make sure the seal is closed.
- Select “Manual” or “Meat/Stew” button and set for 90 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release (about 10 minutes). Turn pressure valve to release any more pressure and open the lid.
- Remove the excess liquid in pot and shred the pork. Place back into the Instant Pot. Stir in about 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce to desired consistence, close the lid and place on warm until ready to serve. Serve on bun. Serves 6.
- Category: Pressure cooker, instant pot
- Cuisine: American, BBQ
Recipe adapted from Living Locurto.