This post may contain affiliate links.
Simplify – do you have my latest life theme yet? Today’s BBQ Pork Roast recipe is a simple way to cook up at pot roast in a slow cooker. I got this from my friend Tina at Mommy’s Kitchen(miss ya girl!).
I have discovered that the trick to cooking roasts in the crock pot is to sear them first. Sure you could skip this but you are also skipping out on extra flavor. It helps adhere the seasonings to the meat and seal in the juices so the flavor your meat rather than just fill up your crock pot with liquid.
I also love that I can grab a pork roast at Costco for $1.99 a pound. A lot of the time it is cheaper to buy these than ground beef that tends to be priced at $2.39-$2.99 a pound. I can also usually get 2 meals from a roast. If you didn’t know my favorite way to use leftover meat is in quesadillas.
Serve these BBQ pork roast up as is or on a bun. I served it open sandwich style on toasted Texas toast with bbq sauce. Anyway you eat this, it is delish!Print
BBQ Pork Roast
- 2 lb boneless pork roast (sirloin tip roast or pork tenderloin)
- 1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Season roast with steak seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the roast to the hot pan and sear on all sides.
- Place roast in a crock pot.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour, then reduce to low and cook a additional 4-5 hours.
- Pork roast is fully cooked when it starts to come apart.
- Place roast in a dish and pour some of the juice left in the crock pot over the roast to get it wet.
Recipe adapted from Mommy’s Kitchen.
I’m trying this recipe right now as we speak, I will let you know how it comes out! I’ve followed the directions to a tee
[…] BBQ Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) by Real Mom’s Kitchen […]