Sticking with my New Years resolution to simplify when possible, I have a easy peasy simple smothered beef burritos recipe. We are talking 5 ingredients here folks!
You have the basics of ground beef, flour tortillas, and cheese. Then the dish gets all of it’s flavor from the remaining 2 ingredients – green enchilada sauce and salsa verde. My family is fans of Mexican dishes and they also loved these simple smothered beef burritos! I hope you do too. Only thing is next time, I think I will add some chopped onion when cooking the beef.
- GROUND BEEF
- GREEN ENCHILADA SAUCE
- SALSA VERDE
- FLOUR TORTILLAS (10 INCHES)
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 11 x 7 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain off any grease.
- In a small bowl, combine enchilada sauce and salsa verde together. Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to the beef and stir to combine.
- Spoon 2/3 cup of beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 3 Tbsp of the shredded cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place in the greased 11.x 7 inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over burritos; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious Oct/Nov 2012 issue.