I can’t believe that Christmas is going to be here in 23 days! It’s time to get going on that Christmas baking! Cookie week continues today on RMK with these delicious holiday peanut butter s’more bars.
I decided to focus my new cookie recipes for this year on bar cookies. Bar cookies tend to take less time and less work. This one is simplified by using a cookie mix. If you want to, you could even substitute refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough to make them even easier.
I found a set of small plates in the Christmas section at Walmart to serve these holiday peanut butter s’more bars on. The package was 97 cents and I think there was 12 in the package. You could always wrap each plate with cellophane for a great little gift or place setting for your holiday party.
- 1 (17.5 oz) pkg. peanut butter cookie mix prepared according to package directions (I used Betty Crocker)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Holiday M&M milk chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 pan with foil.
- With floured hands, press prepared cookie dough into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-19 minutes until golden and edges are firm.
- Sprinkle with Marshmallows and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are puffy.
- Immediately sprinkle with holiday M&M’s and allow to cool.
- Once cool, microwave chocolate chips with shortening for 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled bars.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Remove from pan using foil and cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen bars.
About 1 lb. of refrigerated cookie dough could be substituted for the prepared mix. Just bake 18-20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home June/July 2013 issue.