This healthy salsa shredded chicken is perfect recipe to enjoy while on Weight Watchers or any other diet. However, this is a delicious recipe for anyone to enjoy.
I like to serve this chicken for tacos, tostadas, salad, or quesadillas. It will also work well in burritos too. This chicken is so easy to make, that there is no reason you shouldn’t make it. It’s easy enough that the kids can even make it.
All you need is 3 ingredients – chicken breasts, taco seasoning, and salsa. For my Weight Watchers personal points, it is 0 points. This is a dump and go slow cooker recipe. Just place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, sprinkle it all with the taco seasoning. Next, you will pour some salsa over it and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to shred it. It will just fall apart as you shred it. Then you can serve it up however you want it. I love it in my favorite low carb flour tortillas. They are La Banderita Carb Counter that is only 1 point each.
- TACO SEASONING
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- FAT FREE SALSA
Click here to get you WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup fat free salsa
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken. Then pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked. Then shred the chicken and serve as desired. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
This recipe is adapted from Recipe Diaries.