I am nearing the end of sharing all the Kraft Foods/Sam’s Club dinner planner. This recipe is the Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves. These were quite delicious.
I loved the spice that the salsa added and these meatloaves turned out nice and tender. However, I did still eat my meatloaf with ketchup. I don’t think I can ever eat meatloaf without it. It added some sweetness and it complemented to spice of the salsa.
The advantage to making mini meatloaves is the cooking time is much less than a regular meatloaf. The big downside to this recipe is it left a big mess in my muffin tin. Next time I will either shape 12 mini loaves and bake them on a baking sheet or line the muffin tins with those foil liners (you could even use squares of aluminum foil). I didn’t enjoy scrubbing out each of those muffin cups. Give these a try, that had nice flavor and I liked the cheese on top!
Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 12 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese divided
- 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa divided
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- MIX first 4 ingredients with 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup salsa.
- PRESS evenly into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Use back of spoon to make indentation in center of each. Place muffin pan on foil-covered baking sheet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until meatloaves are done (160°F). Top with remaining salsa and cheese; bake 3 min. or until cheese is melted. Serves 6.