Ham fried rice get a fun island twist with this Hawaiian ham fried rice. Now, it has what you would expect from a regular fried rice including egg, ham, rice, soy sauce, green onion, and sesame oil.
The island flair comes with the addition pineapple tidbits along with some diced red pepper and onion. Also, this has in a little garlic powder. My family loved the added sweetness that you get from the pineapple.Print
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp galic powder
- 2 diced green onions
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to the skillet along with the ham, white onion, and red bell pepper.
- Move the mixture to one side of the skillet. On the other side, ad the beaten eggs and cook until scrambled.
- Add in the rice and pineapple. Stir to combine. Mix in the sesame oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Cook until heated through.
- Mix in the green onion and serve. Serves 4-5.
- Category: Ham
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
Recipe adapted from No Biggie.