I am starting to transition toward fall meals now. I am so excited for next week. We are going to have a few days in the 70’s. I love this time of year. This cheesy chicken spaghetti bake is a perfect meal to enjoy while we transition to that fall weather.
As you can guess from the recipe title, there is cheese, chicken, and spaghetti involved. A nice trio of ingredients. You can also deduct that this recipe is baked in the oven.
The sauce for this recipe is a basic white sauce also known as a bechemel sauce. However, instead of milk, you use chicken broth and cream. Now, this is where the cheese come in. You mix in paremsan cheese and sharp cheddar cheese to the white sauce to make it a cheese sauce.
The casserole itself is then comprised of spaghetti, chicken, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and chilies. After it’s all combined you pour it onto a baking dish, top it with more cheese, and bake.
I have a feeling this dish will be one you will be making for years to come. So come on and give this cheesy chicken spaghetti bake a try.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Bake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 cloved garlic minced
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup light cream
- 1 14 oz diced tomatoes drained or tomatoes with chilis
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a pot, cook spaghetti according to pkg directions. Drain well.
- In the same pot you cooked the spaghetti, cook onion, garlic and bell pepper in butter until tender. Add flour and seasonings. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add in broth and cream a little bit at a time until smooth. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, add parmesan cheese and 1 cup cheddar. Mix until smooth and melted. Season with season and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, chicken, and canned tomatoes to the cheese sauce and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This recipe is adapted from Spend with Pennies.