Shredded beef flautas are easier to make when you can use the Instant Pot. It only takes about 45 minutes to cook the beef in the Instant Pot. Then you just roll up that beef in small flour tortillas. Next, you fry those babies in some oil and you have delicious shredded beef flautas.
This meat is full of flavor. Chili powder, sea salt, onion, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, salsa, and beef broth all help to give the beef it’s fabulous flavor.
Once this meat is cooked and shredded, it gets wrapped in soft flour tortillas. After that, you deep fry these rolled up flautas. It makes them brown and crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside.
I like to top these with a little shredded lettuce. Next, I add a spoonful of salsa and sour cream. A side of Mexican rice is a nice accompaniment to serve along with the flautas.
- CHUCK ROAST
- CHILI POWDER
- SEA SALT
- OLIVE OIL
- TOMATO PASTE
- BEEF BROTH
- SMALL FLOUR TORTILLAS
- SOUR CREAM
- 3–4 lb. chuck roast cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cloves diced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 small flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- In a bowl, toss the meat with chili powder and salt.
- Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil.
- Add in onions and saute until tender.
- Next, add in tomato paste, garlic, cumin and oregano. Stir for about a minute. Add in the meat.
- Pour in the salsa and beef broth.
- Cover and lock the lid. Press the “Meat/Stew” button and set cook time to 35 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then relaease any pressure left manually.
- Unlock lid and remove meat. Shred with two forks. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then drain off excess liquid
- Now it’s time to fill the tortillas. Warm your tortillas in the microwave. They will be easier to roll up. Put some of the beef at one end of the tortillas and roll up jelly-roll style and secure with a toothpick.
- Deep fry these babies until golden brown. Serve 2 per person and top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
This redipce is adapted from Your Home Based Mom.