Are you tired of your usual go to dishes that you make with hamburger? Well, I have a great new hamburger steak with gravy recipe for ya today.
You create a mixture similar to meatloaf that then gets shaped into a patty to make the steak. After cooking the steaks, you then add a few ingredients to make a savory gravy to top it with! There is also plenty of gravy so you can enjoy it with mashed potatoes too!
You can even make the patties ahead of time and keep them in the freezer. Then just thaw the patties over night in the fridge and then cook according to the recipe.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 (1.2 oz) pkg brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Once mixture is combine shape into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties until brown on both sides. Remove patties from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the same skillet and cook until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gravy mix and water and pour into the skillet with the mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- The add the patties back into the skillet and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the patties is 160 degrees. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.