I love a good melty sandwich in the winter. Whether you grill it, toast it, or bake it, I just love it. These ham bacon and mushroom hoagies fit the bill.
I mean how can you loose with a sandwich that has bacon it in. Plus, it’s paired with ham. Then you have some sauteed mushrooms. I love me some mushrooms, especially on a sandwich.
Of course there is cheese in there too. Each sandwich has 2 slices of provolone cheese. But, it doesn’t end there.
The last componenet of these ham bacon and mushroom hoagies is a spread. This spread includes mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and pepper.Print
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 hoagie buns
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 strips cooked bacon
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a slikket, heat the olive oil and cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, pepper, and garlic powder together. Oven the hoagie buns and spread the mayonnaise mixture over both sides of the buns.
- On the bottom have of each bun 2 slices of ham, bacon and cheese. Then top each with 1/4 of the cooked mushrooms and place on the top of the bun.
- Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from foil and serve. Serves 4.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Hot Eats and Cool Reads.