Eating heathier isn’t always easy when you have kids. With their picky eating, it can be hard to find something on the heathier side that they are willing to eat. Enter in the cheesy hot dog taquitos.
This are basically pigs in a blanket. However, instead of thick carb loaded dough to wrap those hot dogs in, you use hearty corn tortillas.
These do include cheese. If you want to reduce the carlories in this, you can omit the cheese in your taquitos, but I would include it in the ones for the kiddos.
I tried to make these with American cheese slices. However, the cheese ennded up mostly on the outside of the taquitos. Instead, use cheddar cheese to keep this cheese inside the taquitos.
I always like to use a good all beef hot dog when I am going to eat a hot dog. These are delicious. Serve then with ketchup for dipping too.
These cheesy hot dog taquitos bake in the oven. However, you can make these in an air fryer. I have included instructions in the recipe notes on how to do so if you want to.Print
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 1 -2 Tbsp olive oil
- salsa, guacamole, etc. or ketchup and mustard for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until soft and pliable.
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, about two tablespoons for each tortilla.
- Place a hot dog on one end of one of each tortilla and roll up as tightly as possible, and set on a parchment lined baking sheet. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- Brush the outsides and bottoms of the tortillas with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the hot dogs are cooked through and the tortillas are crisp and golden.
- Dip in salsa, guacamole, sour cream, ketchup, or mustard. Serves 4.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.