So I have seen how Carl’s Jr. fast food restaurants have a guacamole bacon burger and decided to try to make one at home. Now I haven’t tried the Carl’s Jr. version so I am not sure how it compares. However, I thought my version was delicious.
I kept the seasoning on the burger simple, but you can always jazz it up more if you’d like. I just thought, if you are having a guacamole bacon burger, then the guacamole and bacon should be the stars of that burger. Now, I love to cook my bacon in the oven. It makes less mess.
Also, I wanted a hearty burger, so I did use 1/3 pound patties. However, by all means, you can adjust the patty size to you liking. You could even go for store bought guacamole to save some time but this guac recipe is really simple to whip together.
Be aware that this burger does get messy when you eat it, but it’s well worth the messiness! May a recommend slicing your burgers in half for easier consumption!
Guacamole Bacon Burger
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 medium ripe avocados ripe = soft to the touch
- ½ small onion chopped
- ½ of a 4 oz can diced green chile peppers
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato seed removed and chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef you want some fat in the beef for juicy burger so don't choose the leanest meat
- garlic salt
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 6 or so slices of fully cooked bacon you at least need 1 for each burger but more is even better
- 6 hamburger buns toasted
- sliced red onion tomato and lettuce if desired
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pit (set the pit aside). Dice and scoop out of skin.
- Place avocado in a bowl and mash to desired consistency(I like mine well mashed)
- Mix in onion, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and tomato.
- Shape ground beef into 6 patties. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Then grill until fully cooked.
- Serve patties on buns. Top with cheese, bacon, and the prepared guacamole.
Inspired by Carl’s Jr. Guacamole Burger
This is the original picture from this post. The above photo was updated in August 2016.