So, I was thinking a little bit ago about something new that I could create using a pound of ground beef. I came up with the idea for ground beef fajita bowls.
This is simple to make and perfect for summer since everything is done on the stove top. Plus, if you have a garden, you can use items from there. It definitely was a hit with my family!
Also if you check the fajita seasoning packets and get one that is gluten free, this can be a great gluten free dinner!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1.12 oz) pkt fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- toppings – pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, etc
- In a skillet brown beef until fully cooked. Then add in the packet of fajita seasoning mix along with the water. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and cover with foil to keep warm. Set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet along with onion and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Divide rice between 6 bowls. Top each with cheese, then some the veggie mixture, followed by the meat. Then top with additional desired toppings. Serves 6.
This is a Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.