These slow cooker chicken Parmesan sandwiches are a fun and different take on the classic dish.
Sandwiches are something that I make often in the summer. They are a great quick dinner when we have been having fun in the sun. They are also great to take along with wherever we may be going.
However, we can get tired of cold sandwiches. It great to mix it up and have a hot sandwich, but without having to make the kitchen hot. This Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches is exactly that.
You cook the meat for this one in a crock pot. You season some boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Then place it in to the slow cooker along with some onion and garlic. Next, pour some jarred pasta sauce over all of it. Cook on low for 6 hours and then shred.
You serve these on hard rolls. However, you also need to butter and toast the rolls. However, you can do that anyway you like – in a skillet on the stovetop, in the broiler in the oven, or on your grill.
- SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- SALT AND PEPPER
- JARRED PASTA SAUCE
- HARD ROLLS
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE SLICES
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 32 oz jar pasta sauce
- 4-6 hard rolls
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with onion and garlic. Then pour sauce all over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. The return to crock pot and combine with sauce.
- Butter rolls and toast in a skillet on the stove top, in the oven on broil, or on a grill.
- Serve chicken on toasted roll. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese followed by a slice of mozzarella. Makes 4-6 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Food Family & Finds.