My family love chicken and rice, so I was thrilled to find a new way to serve it up. This Chicken Carbonara Risotto is an all-in-one skillet meal. Another great option for summer.
Also, it uses Minute Rice to make it speedy to get to the table. All my men were happy that it also included BACON!
You could also mix in a cup of frozen peas to get some veggies in there, but my family despises peas, so I settled on some green onion for color. Or some leftover cooked broccoli would also work nicely!
Chicken Carbonara Rissotto
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups of uncooked minute rice
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- diced green onion optional for serving
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until fully cooked. This should just take about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the canned soup and milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then mix in the rice.Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and mix in bacon bits and cheese.
- Serve topped with green onion. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Minute Rice.