Also, it uses Minute Rice to make it speedy to get to the table. All my men were happy that it also included BACON!
You could also mix in a cup of frozen peas to get some veggies in there, but my family despises peas, so I settled on some green onion for color. Or some leftover cooked broccoli would also work nicely!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups of uncooked minute rice
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- diced green onion, optional for serving
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until fully cooked. This should just take about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the canned soup and milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then mix in the rice.Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and mix in bacon bits and cheese.
- Serve topped with green onion. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Minute Rice.