I am a fan of noodle and rice bowls lately. I love the various combinations that you can do. Today, I am sharing a great summer version of a noodle bowl. You are gonna love these grilled sesame chicken noodle bowls.
There are 3 components to these bwols. First is the grilled chicken. You use chicken tenders. They get a soak in a marinade before you grill them. You amke the marinade with Yoshida’s marinade with the addition of soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
The second component is grilled veggies. If you don’t want to grill them you can always roast them in the oven. I just use a grill basket to cook them on the grill while you cook the chicken. I love the combination. It includes peppers, red onion, and mushrooms.
The last element to these grilled sesame chicken noodle bowls is the noodles. They arene’t just palin. Toss the noodles in a sauce before placing the veggies and chicken on top. You amke this sauce with soy sauce, brown sugar, sugar, sesame oil, peanut butter, and olive oil. You can also add in a little sriracha if you want a little heat. Feel free to sprinkle green onion and sesame seeds over the bowls as a finishing garnish if desired.Print
- 7 Tbsp Yoshida’s Marinade and Cooking Sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 15 chicken tenders
- 1 small red onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 orange pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- garlic salt
- Sesame Noodles:
- 1 (16 oz) package angel hair pasta
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce, optional for heat
- 3 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk the 7 Tbsp Yoshida’s Marinade and Cooking Sauce, 3 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp minced garlic and 1 tsp sesame oil together for the chicken.
- Into a gallon sized Ziploc bag, add the chicken tenders and the the sauce. Seal the bag tightly and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook 1 the package of angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- In a bowl whisk together the 4 Tbsp soy sauce, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce. Add the hot cooked noodles to the bowl and toss well. Set aside and keep warm.
- Toss the veggies together with the 2 Tbsp olive oil. Seasoned with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cook veggies at 350 degrees on the grill in a grill basket for about 20 minutes, tossing oacassionally. (** see alternate cooking method in notes for the oven).
- Add the chicken to the grill once the veggies have cooked for about 10 minutes. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side or until the inside is no longer pink.
- Set out individual serving bowls and divide the noodles, chicken, and veggies between them. Garnish the bowls with the 3 Tbsp chopped green onions and 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds if desired. Serves 5.
** Alternative method to cook veggies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the veggies on a sheet pan. Cook the veggies at 350 dgrees and roast for 20 minutes or until they are crisp tender and slightly caramelized.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Asian
This recipe is adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.