Who doesn’t love a good chicken salad sandwich? I love those tender chunks of chicken enrobed in that creamy sauce. I tend to grab croissants to serve the chicken salad on, but why not make a grilled chicken salad sandwiches.
You can grab some chicken salad from the store or make your own favorite chicken salad recipe. I have several great recipes on my site if you want to make a salad from scratch. When I did this photo, I just purchase some prepared chicken salad from my local Walmart. The salad incudes dried cranberries and pecans.
Then just think of this as like basically making a grilled tuna and cheese sandwich, but instead of tuna you are using chicken salad. I use Swiss cheese on there. I think it melts nice and the Swiss adds some nice flavor.
Then you also add a few tomato slices on these along with some lettuce. Both give texture and added flavor to the sandwich.These grilled chicken salad sandwiches are a tasty way to change up the way you make a chicken salad sandwich. Instead of a flaky buttery croissant, you have crispy buttery toasted bread.Print
- 8 slices bread
- 1 1/3 cup chicken salad
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 large leaves of lettuce
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- On a griddle, place all of the slices of bread, butter side down.
- Place both slices of bread, butter side down, into the pan. Place the 4 slices of cheese on 4 slices of the bread.
- Cook the bread until it’s toasted to golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove the bread slices from the griddle.
- Spread 1/3 cup chicken salad on the slices without the cheese. Place a piece of lettuce and 2 tomato on the top of bread with the chicken salad. Then top each sandwich with a slice of the bread with the melted cheese.
- Cut each sandwich in half to serve. Serves 4.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Bunnys Warm Oven.