I have had this Sunshine Jello Salad recipe since I got married. This yummy layered Jello salad recipe is a favorite. It’s so simple and so delicious, it could even qualify as a dessert.
It’s different from any other jello recipe that I have. It begins with a layer of orange Jello. It isn’t just a regular old layer of orange Jello. This layer is made with orange juice and includes mandarin oranges and pinapple. You also use the juice from the pineapple and mandarin oranges too. This layer is so fruity.
Next is a layer instant lemon pudding. Nothing is different here. You just make it accodring to the package directions. The lemon pudding adds a creaminess to the salad and the lemon flavor compliments to orange, pineapple layer so well.
Last is a layer of cool whip. It adds another creamy elemnet to the salad. I always prefer any Jello salad to be topped with cool whip or whipped cream.
It makes a 9 x 13, but for my family, I usually put it into two dishes. Then I have it for two meals. On the second one, I wait and top it with the pudding and cool whip right before I serve it. I have also made it in individual dishes too. I really hope you like this sunshine Jello salad.Print
Sunshine Jello Salad
- 1 (6 oz.) orange jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup mandarin orange and pineapple juice, reserved from the canned fruit
- 1 (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (3.4 oz) lemon pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) carton of whipped topping
- 1 (20 oz)can pineapple tidbits, drained reserving juice
- 1 small can mandarin orange (I think these are like 8 or 10 oz), drained reserving juice
- Mix boiling water and jello together for 2 minutes. Mix in frozen oj concentrate until dissolved. Mix in reserved 1 cup mandarin orange and pineapple juice. Add fruit.
- Put in a 9 x 13 dish and refrigerate until set.
- Make pudding according to package directions. Pour over set jello and refrigerate for 5 min.
- Drop whipped topping in several mounds on top of pudding layer and carefully spread. Serves 12.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first posted in August 2008.
This looks delicious! Is it 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice AND 1 cup of reserved orange juice? Or is it a total of 1 cup (1/2 cup pineapple and 1/2 cup orange)?
Your picture made me want to try this. I made it and took it to a community activity. A huge hit. Thanks for sharing.
That looks so pretty and refreshing. I cant wait to try this. I love jello and my husband loves orange so this is perfect. and the pudding and cool whip to top it off what perfect combo.
I’ll be trying this too!